Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

For the first time in nearly a decade, I celebrated Christmas with my family. It was a traditional holiday, reminding me a great deal of my childhood. The house was beautifully decorated by my mother; there were presents under the tree (Santa still comes to my mother's house); and, we ate the traditional turkey dinner in the evening. Simply wonderful time. Here are some of the photos I took during the four days I was celebrating.







I woke up early Christmas Eve morning and this was the sight that greeted me as I stepped out the back door.

We all went to the Christmas Eve service at the church where our friend Larry sings in the choir.  Lovely service, but the highlight was at the end.  As we all sang "Silent Night," we lit candles and the minister darkened the church.  It was absolutely beautiful.


Mom and Kate relax on Christmas Eve.

Mom puts out the same holiday decorations every year.  This creche my mom and dad bought in Spain forty years ago.

Mom is a genius when it comes to decorating.  All of these greens were found in her garden.

My beautiful sister Kate and beautiful stepmother Lynn.  They were very disciplined and went running every day.  Mom and I applauded their efforts.

Lynn played Santa Claus on Christmas morning.

This is what Santa left under the tree for me.  Life gets no better than a new Lego set!

For whatever reason, I decided it was a good idea to do a polar bear plunge Christmas morning.  This shot is proof that I went all the way under.

This photo, on the other hand, is proof as to how cold it was!

Thank goodness for Mom and a waiting towel as I climbed out of the pool.

The table set for Christmas dinner.

Kate and me on Christmas night.  It may be Christmas, but I still avoid shoes if I can possibly help it!

My wonderful parents on Christmas night.

No comments:

Post a Comment